What is a Liebster? The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
In the spirit of the award, here are 11 random things about me…..
- I am German (well I am American but my father was from Germany. As anyone from a German family knows, if you have a German parent, you must therefore be German). So a German-derived award nomination seems fitting!
- I love running but I am not fast.
- I have a very cool job, working for a boutique adventure travel company.
- I have two kids, an 8 year old girl and a 4 year old boy, a great husband, and the world’s best dog, Max. I am a lucky person.
- It is a dream of mine to move the family overseas for a year “at some point”. I am afraid that dream might not come true.
- I am on a weight loss journey. I’ve lost 13 lbs and have 5-10 to go.
- I am trying to learn to meditate.
- I cannot seem to find enough time in the day.
- I’ve always lived in Vermont (except for a very short summer in Idaho in 1994).
- Summer used to be my favorite season, but now fall is. Not sure what that means?
- Like many others, I started my blog to keep myself motivated toward attaining a healthier life.
Questions I was asked to answer by MimiGettingFit.
- If you had to choose 1 food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? That is a tough question. Based on my personal history I would say Wheat Thins (I swear I could live on them), although it should probably be something more like tabouli!
2. Share 1 goal you have for this year. I have a list of goals on my blog. The first is doing a sprint-length triathlon in May. Just did my first brick workout this week — 13 mile spin class followed immediately by a three mile run. Ouch, but in a good way!
3. What is your favorite movie? Cinema Paradiso. A beautiful story, and the music – so lovely. It’s a movie for armchair travelers and movie lovers!
4. Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert? Extrovert, no question.
5. If you won a free trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go backcountry cat-skiing with my husband in British Columbia. Or Myanmar.
6. What inspires you? Being in nature. There is nothing like breathing fresh air, and surrounding yourself with grass, trees, sky, water, and wind to give life meaning.
7. Why did you start to blog? To stay motivated to lose weight and get healthier. It is working!
8. Who is the person you admire most? Why? I cannot seem to answer this. I am inspired by so many people, for so many reasons. My husband, who has overcome adversity and still shows an incredible level of patience. My mom, who loves us the way a mom should. My brother, who makes everything look easy.
9. What did you want to be when you were a kid? A veterinarian.
10.What is your biggest pet peeve? Judgmental people. Everyone is imperfect; deal with it!
11. What fills your heart with joy? Having an hour to truly relax with my husband, sitting on the deck in the late afternoon sun, or over dinner. Watching my kids play nicely together. An early morning summer run right from my house, when my mind thinks, how lucky am I to live here, in a body that can do this?
My nominees are…
Check them out!